Cheshire Foundation Ethiopia(CFE) is a national, non-profit, non- governmental
indigenous organization working for the betterment of persons with disabilities
(PWDs) and the needy in Ethiopia . At the time of its establishment CFE was
delegated by Leonard Cheshire International (LCI) in UK to coordinate the work
of Cheshire organizations in Ethiopia .Cheshire Foundation is established in 1985
registered by the Ministry of Justice under the registration number 433.
Since its establishment, CFE is facilitating the provision of community based
rehabilitation(CBR) services focusing on the prevention of disability, rehabilitation
of PWDs and advocacy activities. CFE is undertaking various project activities in
three regions through its four project offices.
Addis Ababa City Administration- Gulele Sub City , Kechene: Addis Ababa Project
Oromiya Region- Jimma Town : Jimma Project
Amhara Region- Bahir dar and Dessie towns: Bahir Dar and Dessie Project Offices
- Amhara Region, 563 KM from the capital city, 1,802 meters above sea level (Bahir Dar
- Amhara Region,401 KM from the capital city .....(Dessie Cheshire Project)
- Located at the edge of the city, 2, 800 meters above sea level
- Oromia region, 335 KM form the capital city, lies at an altitude of 1, 750 meters above
sea level(Jimma Cheshire Project)
- Addis Ababa cheshire Project located on the northern edge of the city bordering the
Entotto hill, with an altitude of 2, 800 meters above.